Wednesday, January 2, 2013

interested in a book club?

I would love to be in a real live (in person) book club each month. Well...maybe every other month (yes, I'm a slow reader!). When I lived in Montreal, I would always see meetups at local cafes on a Sunday afternoon. Everyone would gather around the smallest coffee tables (because everything is xs in that city) with their current book of the month over tea or hot cocoa, and just discuss their thoughts and imaginations by the fire place. It looks like fun! The only problem for me is that it was always in french, and well... that would be another resolution to add to my never ending resolution list :)

Anyway, one of my favourite author's, Gretchen Rubin, has started a book club each month. And all her picks are books about happiness, which is my kinda of book club! It's a virtual online book club, but if your like me and don't know anyone that's in a book club, it's a great place to start!

Pick of the month for January 2013: The Enchanted April

I already reserved my copy at the library!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment