Monday, January 14, 2013

morning delight

One of my many resolutions I promised myself I would keep in 2013 is to make at least one juice a day. I bought my new juicer on Amazon during the holidays when there were mad sales and I must say...I'm kinda getting the hang of it!

The benefits of juicing are endless! I'm also trying to get into a routine of making one green juice a day as well, since the dark leafy greens like kale and collard help alkalinize the body. I always make sure to add an apple or a pear to my green juices, which makes it taste much MUCH better!!

This week, I'm getting into the routine of making oatmeal breakfast smoothies. This smoothie recipe went so well with my breakfast, that I thought I would share (it's so simple!):
  • 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
  • 1/2 cup raw oats
  • 2 bananas (fozen would give it a real smoothie taste)
  • 1 apple
  • 1 scoop of Vega Smoothie Mix (in berry flavour - yum!)

Remember, juices should not be meal supplements. But they can be a great booster in the AM and PM (maybe instead of coffee)? Always try to buy organic produce if you can, and drink you juice as soon as possible!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment