Thursday, September 20, 2012

happier at home - a look behind the scenes

I am a huge fan of Gretchen Rubin's writing. I admire how real and honest she is about life and happiness, and I find I can really relate. Her tips in The Happiness Project are so useful, and with her new book, Happier at Home is perfect timing for me since my hubby and I are moving into a new home.

We have been living 'city loft style' for the past 6 years, from the heart of Plateau Montreal to the Glebe in Ottawa. Renting has been fun for us while we were in our 20s because we felt so free and mobile. We knew that we could just pick up and live anywhere in the world. It was such a great feeling and we had no worries, just lived each day for the moment and we now have so many happy memories.

Its funny, as you get older, you change. You really do! You start wanting a family and a nest to call your own and settle down. I believe that is where Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project and Happier at Home books fit in real nicely. She gives off this warm comfort aura, and makes that part of life simple and easy as she shares her own experiences. She provides so many pointers on just how to make your life easier. If you subscribe to her blog, (which I highly recommend you do!) you will receive daily timbits of information and happiness quotes that make you think about life. Sometimes all you need is baby steps to make life that much better.

Check out her 'Behind the Scenes' video where she takes you into her home to share more about her thought process and actually shows you some ideas she outlines in The Happiness Project.


2 comments:

  1. I just finished The Happiness Project! It was such a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it! I love how I can dive into any chapter, re-read it, and still get something out of it!

    ReplyDelete