Thursday, August 9, 2012

the herb fest

A couple weekends ago, my Mom and I went to the Herb Fest in Almonte. Both of us, being new to this city and its surrounding nature, were so excited to go to this event and spend the afternoon together.


It was hot hot hot, but everyone was so happy and welcoming in their shaded booths surrounded by the dried up herbs. The event was at the Herb Garden and was loaded with local vendors from all over serving free samples of honey, herbs, pepper jelly, and tea.


We finally got some rain this week, but as you can see in the pics, the drought we had was pretty bad.


We also had a ton of fun in the air conditioned gift shop where I bought these cute little herb containers below filled with dried herbs. They were also nice enough to giving away free water to keep everyone visiting hydrated.


Beside the lavender booth, my favourite vendor served us some tasty samples of Aunt Lulu's Pepper Jelly. My Mom introduced me to this stuff and we left with two jars of Thai and Sweet Jelly that goes amazingly well with crackers and cream cheese!


After the Herb Fest, we made our way to visit the city of Almonte. I will post our pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment