Thursday, July 26, 2012

26 hot yoga bikram poses

I didn't get into Bikram yoga until just recently. After moving to Ottawa in the beginning of a Canadian winter, it was a great hobby to kick-start the long and dreaded cold months of November to March of last year. After I tried my first Bikram yoga class, I was hooked! I began practicing my poses 3 days a week in a hot studio for 1.5 hours each class.

Instantly, you notice a difference with your flexibility. And I especially noticed an improvement in my lower back as it felt like my spine was getting the greatest stretch of all in each class. I walked out of the studio feeling so loose and was able to touch my toes with straight legs as my muscles were totally relaxed. If you haven't tried this type of yoga, you should start!

Now that the summer is here, I practice mostly Hatha Power yoga, still in the hot hot studio. But I believe my body needs a Bikram class at least once a week to maintain that quality stretch in the body that makes me feel like a million bucks!

Before you practice your first Bikram yoga class, I recommend you get familiar with the poses below. It's always the same poses in each class, which are repeated twice and held for approximately 1 - 1.5 minutes each pose. Knowing your poses will help you deepen your practice in each class.

The benefits of yoga are priceless - I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment